The Cornwall Faith Forum (CFF) is fully committed to the safeguarding, care, and nurture of children and vulnerable adults within our community. We support faith communities to protect, prevent and detect any potential abuse through promoting a clear and robust Policy with Guidelines. In particular, CFF proactively integrates safeguarding into its Community Link Project with Refugees and its extensive programme of interfaith activities.
All Cornwall Faith Forum’s trustees, staff and volunteers are required to follow a code of behaviour and practice, outlined in our safeguarding guidelines (see below), designed to safeguard children and vulnerable adults from harm.
The CFF requires that safeguarding training is undertaken for all volunteer roles and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where the role description requires one.
The CFF commits to:
- Accepting the prime duty of care to ensure the well-being of children and vulnerable adults in the faith community.
- Adopting and implementing this child safeguarding policy and procedures, based on the CFF Safeguarding guidelines (adopted from the Diocese of Truro)
- To Appoint a co-ordinator(s) to implement policy and procedures. The co-ordinator(s) must ensure that any concerns are dealt with according to the CFF/Diocesan policy and legislative requirements.
- Recognising the following areas of work with children and vulnerable adults:
Educational projects (schools, colleges, FE, hospital and adult care)
Refugee Community Link Project
- CFF has authorized the following people to work with children and Vulnerable adults in the community:
Mrs Rita Stephen, Interfaith Development Worker/Refugee Community Link Worker
Mrs Oulfat Rifai, Refugee Community Link Worker
Get in touch
If you would like to talk to someone regarding a safeguarding matter, here are some people to contact:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Sarah Acraman* – tel 01872 274351 (office hours) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours for an urgent safeguarding response from Social Care contact 01208 251300
- Police – tel 101 or 999 in an emergency
- Chair of the CFF, Andrew Yates* – tel 01872 274351 (office hours) email@example.com
* Office base address: Church House, Woodlands Court, Truro Business Park, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall TR4 9NH